• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain hosting

If I have 2 domain names (Myco and "Plan B) can I get my ISP to host both domains? Anything stopping me?

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    If I have 2 domain names (Myco and "Plan B) can I get my ISP to host both domains?
    Possibly - ask your ISP

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Anything stopping me?
    Possibly - ask your ISP

HTH
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

i'm not sure i understand the problem. i'd have thought they'd be delighted?

edit: or is this a free service your isp provides? ie they're not a dedicated hosting service?

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
        i'm not sure i understand the problem. i'd have thought they'd be delighted?

edit: or is this a free service your isp provides? ie they're not a dedicated hosting service?
        Current ISP provides this as a free service.

Would it be better to enlist the services of a hosting service for the domain? How does this impact emails using the domain name?

I will give my ISP a call again tomorrow. I tried today but kept haning on the line for ages..........!

Comment

Got through to them today. Apparently they used to offer the ability to host a 2nd domain but they now don't!

I will just have to host the 2nd domain with someone else. I am hoping that whoever I get it from can host it too.

Comment

If your sites are with your ISP and your domains are elsewhere, then speak to your ISP about DNS settings. You may be able to point your domains at your sites without moving them.

You should still be able to get your email from your domain provider.

Comment

Working...
            X