• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mirar pop up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirar pop up

My wifes desk top has an annoying "Mirar" toolbox pop up blocker on it. Any ideas how to get rid of it as it doesnt seem to be a simple case of Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. How did it get there since I am sure neither of us installed it....

http://www.spyany.com/program/article_spw_rm_Mirar.html

Comment

Another good way of getting rid of spyware rubish is a program called HIJACKTHIS - You have to remove the rubish - this just provides you with the information and the tool.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Followed the suggestions on spyany and edited the registry. Nyada! Still got the problem - any other suggestions!

Comment

You could try Symantics instructions

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...are.mirar.html

I used their instructions earlier this year to delete something, cant' remember what it was though, but it worked.

Good Luck

MG
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Thanks MrsGoof, that seemed to do the trick!

Comment

ive got the same problem...

Originally posted by Mustang
              My wifes desk top has an annoying "Mirar" toolbox pop up blocker on it. Any ideas how to get rid of it as it doesnt seem to be a simple case of Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. How did it get there since I am sure neither of us installed it....

Hi, i've got the same problem and i've try to get rid of it myself but i cant.
              i also always get a popup saying

" "Cannot find" (internet website)
              Please make sure that the path or internet adress is correct. "

so if u hav found a way to get rid of this thing already or happen to find out later can u please advise me at [email protected]

thank you

Comment

Working...
              X