• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OpenOffice Weirdy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoInput sounds like a seriously tulipty feature - and it is on by default? WOW

I am glad I don't have to use that.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      AutoInput sounds like a seriously tulipty feature - and it is on by default? WOW

I am glad I don't have to use that.
      Once you get used to it, it is very helpful.

I find predictive texting on SMS utterly unhelpful. But in my OO.o spreadsheets where I record my gig-hunting, the same values and text strings keep coming up and AutoInput is helpful. So it might be 'horses for courses'.

It is weird to use in the OO.o word processor; I find it most useful when working on a long document on one subject. So for project documentation it is great since that mostly comprises writing the same stuff in different ways for different audiences.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Once you get used to it, it is very helpful.

I find predictive texting on SMS utterly unhelpful. But in my OO.o spreadsheets where I record my gig-hunting, the same values and text strings keep coming up and AutoInput is helpful. So it might be 'horses for courses'.

It is weird to use in the OO.o word processor; I find it most useful when working on a long document on one subject. So for project documentation it is great since that mostly comprises writing the same stuff in different ways for different audiences.
        Hmm a good argument. Bugger. So I guess it is not a complete tulip feature. But this is CUK so I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND!!!!!!!

OO is tulip!!!!!

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          Hmm a good argument. Bugger. So I guess it is not a complete tulip feature. But this is CUK so I WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND!!!!!!!

OO is tulip!!!!!

It's also useful in spreadsheets for entering expenses and bills.

Grr, spit. It still takes an age to fire up.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X