• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HDD upgrade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDD upgrade

Bought a new laptop a few weeks ago for general use, nothing advanced.

The laptop came with a 5400rpm HDD and am wondering about upgrading it to a 7200rpm one.

However, as I am not really running anything demanding on the laptop, think the gains in sped will be negligible.

Worth going ahead or not?

Isn't that a bit like saying:

"I've got a Ford Fiesta with a 1.3L engine. Is it worth supercharging or sticking a V8 in? Mind you I drive really slowly and never exceed 70."

I think the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

The laptop came with a 5400rpm HDD and am wondering about upgrading it to a 7200rpm one.

However, as I am not really running anything demanding on the laptop, think the gains in sped will be negligible.

Nope!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

No.

But if you buy one make sure it can fit into your laptop since 2.5'' standard has got disks with different height

Comment

I wouldn't bother.

There's no appreciable benefit in normal conditions and you would have to run some seriously disk intensive stuff to see your moneys worth.

Comment

Working...
          X