• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7 - what's your verdict?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All new windaz OS work great on the first day, until a year later you need to re-install to get the speed back providing you're not running with a 100 tera hertz processor with 1000 gig of ram...

Get a mac - you know it's makes sense.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      MS sent me a disc with it on a week or so back... I didn't ask them too!
      I got the same - I think due to being a MS Action Pack subscriber.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I received my copies of Windows 7 a few weeks ago also.
        I do not have a serial code though. Where other people sent a serial code for Windows 7 or does it not require one?

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
          I received my copies of Windows 7 a few weeks ago also.
          I do not have a serial code though. Where other people sent a serial code for Windows 7 or does it not require one?
          Assuming it's part of your MAP subs, log into your MAP account and they keys are listed there
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

It's here. I have to say that so far, I'm very disapointed by the size of the box. It looked like it was much bigger in the adverts.

Yes it has a code.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
              Assuming it's part of your MAP subs, log into your MAP account and they keys are listed there
              Ah, OK thanks. I have to say that I have not used any of the software yet that MS has sent me over the last year. Mostly because they did not include a copy of Windows XP or Office 2003 which is what I use in the office.

I would like to try Windows 7 though but am in no hurry.

Comment

Working...
              X