• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grant View Server State

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant View Server State

Any one tried to attach, using a signed stored procedure in SQL Server 2008, a certificated user with the GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE permission. I had a hack around for 5 minutes to try to get this to work, but didn't succeed.

I've temporarily granted the actual user the VIEW SERVER STATE permission, but going forward, the best solution would be to go down the signed stored procedure route.

Is there actually a question in this post?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
      Any one tried to attach, using a signed stored procedure in SQL Server 2008, a certificated user with the GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE permission.
      ie, does anyone know how to do this?

Comment

Attach the user to what? A login?

Comment

As per http://www.sommarskog.se/grantperm.html#Certificates, you can sign a stored procedure to provide chained ownership within your own database.

However, the VIEW SERVER STATE permission must be granted on the master database. As previously stated, I only spent about 5 minutes on this trying to get it to work, but I'm a bit busy on another project to spare the time. When I've got a bit more spare time, I'll have a deeper look, however, I was curious to know if anyone else had stumbled across this problem and knew of any potential pitfalls.

Comment

Working...
          X