• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ASP.Net ViewState

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASP.Net ViewState

I have the misfortune of having being lumbered with some front end stuff to do & it's not really my forté. My question is what the f**k is viewstate for?

I've disabled it for all the page's controls yet when I do a postback the controls are still all rendered with their correct values. I assume this is being populated under the hood from the request object - so if that's the case, why have Viewstate. Don't understand what all the hype is about.

It's a big subject. Haven't got time to go into it here.

Recommend you read this.

http://weblogs.asp.net/infinitiesloo...viewstate.aspx

Comment

Hmmm, I think half the problem is that in the past I've had it explained in very simplistic terms. Might be worth taking some time out to digest that article. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        It's a big subject. Haven't got time to go into it here.

Recommend you read this.

http://weblogs.asp.net/infinitiesloo...viewstate.aspx
        You utter knob. I post on here about something I am unsure about, that was not in the job spec, and not on my CV and you give me loads of stick about "contractors on the bench who are qualified to do your job".

Wurzel posts something similar and you are nice as pie, and helpful

FFS
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          You utter knob. I post on here about something I am unsure about, that was not in the job spec, and not on my CV and you give me loads of stick about "contractors on the bench who are qualified to do your job".

FFS
          I might come to technical more often
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I might come to technical more often
            Aw, when I saw this post from the homepage I thought you had offered your opinion on Viewstate.

Comment

DP - stop picking on SY01 or your gang and our gang are going to have a fight after board shutdown.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

FFS
                i feel your pain sy

Comment

Working...
                X