• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow Leopard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly enough I just bought my Mum a Snow Leopard as a birthday present.

Of course it was made by Royal Crown Derby.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
      Have just finished installing took about 1 hour.

Funny Thing my MBP has a 320Gb HDD. before the install it was showing a capacity of 299Gb & Available 272b Now it's Capacity 319.73Gb & Available 310.5Gb
      I assume that the capacity increase is because the size of the EFI partition has been reduced.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Yep, I gained an extra 20GB.

Comment

According to El Reg it might be worth updating the version of Flash on your Snow Leopard systems...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09...ash_downgrade/
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I assume that the capacity increase is because the size of the EFI partition has been reduced.
            Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
            Maybe, but it's more likely the change to counting GB the same ways as hard-drive manufacturers do.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews...s-x-10-6.ars/3
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              All they did was remove a bunch of built-in device drivers for old printers etc.

Not magic.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X