• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Print Servers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Servers

A quick question before I waste a bit of cash. We (at work) have a wireless hub which we use for VPN'ing the main site. If we were to buy a wireless print sever would we all be able to pick it up and print through the magic of wireless coms? The printer is not connected directly to one PC and so cannot be set as sharable that way.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I have been looking at a wireless print server for my home network.

From the stuff I have read I think I can attach a wirless print server to the printer even though it is not attached to a PC and all users on the net will see it, as long as it is in range of the WiFi box.

The set up is done over the WiFi using the servers on board web setup accessed by its IP.
    I googled a couple of places. Try here for one.

http://products.wi-fiplanet.com/wifi...r/recent1.html
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Cheers,

That is what I thought.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

you can get wireless access points with a USB print server built in, they tend to work well
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

As an aside, years ago in a place I worked someone printed off an application form to go on Blind Date.

Being stupid they sent it to the printer in the Birmingham office rather than the London one.

They resigned shortly after. I can't imagine why.

Comment

Belkin

I have recently managed to configure a Belkin print server to my Wireless LAN. This means I have been able to move all my printers to the spare room out of the office. I now have a desk in there with the printers on top and paper, cartridge refils, etc in the desk drawers. Gives me more space in the office.

It was a little tricky to set up the server but the key thing is to install the printers as a local, USB connection rather than a LAN and test the drivers with it connected directly to the PC first. Also ensure the port is corrrectly configured.

Hope that helps!!

Comment

Working...
            X