• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Near real time replication for SQL*Server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near real time replication for SQL*Server

Hi all,

I'm aware of DataMirror which will capture subscribed table data from the Oracle or DB2 transaction logs. Is there something similar in SQL*Server or does DataMirror work for this? I need to replicate data from various source databases to a SQL*Server operational data store in near realtime. Does SSIS have near real time replication functionality, perhaps?

Check out Goldengate. I have a little of experience of it (not hands on) and by all accounts it's a good product (but not cheap). The company has just been acquired by Oracle. Datasheet says,

GoldenGate supports a wide range of database versions from Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 OS/390 and UDB, Sybase, Enscribe, SQL/MP, SQL/MX, and Teradata running on UNIX, Windows, and HP Nonstop platforms.
    www.goldengate.com

Comment

Sybase Replication Server

You could look at Sybase Repliation Server's Heterogenous Replication
      abilities(see below) which support transactional level replication between the top 4 RBMS's but no good if you need replication from say AS400.

http://www.sybase.com/products/busin...ousreplication

Comment

Working...
      X