• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain Host that provides full A Record/MX/CNAME admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain Host that provides full A Record/MX/CNAME admin

Can anyone recommend a domain host for my LtdCo domain that gives me full control of the DNS records, viz. A Records and MX and CNAME entries.

Fasthosts seem to be well recommended but I can't seem to be able to log in after setting up an account. (More precisely, I enter my email/password with no error but it doesn't seem to haved 'logged in').

EasySpace are offering a one year of free web hosting (one of their cheapo options) so that seems like a good deal.

I've looked at 1-2-3-Ref, 1&1, etc. and there's very little to differentiate them.

Thx.

godaddy.com

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      godaddy.com
      I forgot to mention it's a .co.uk domain and transfers between UK hosts are free.

I'm already with GoDaddy for some personal .com domains and really impressed by their admin facilities. I'm looking for a UK host with similar capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleAtMill View Post
        I forgot to mention it's a .co.uk domain and transfers between UK hosts are free.

I'm already with GoDaddy for some personal .com domains and really impressed by their admin facilities. I'm looking for a UK host with similar capabilities.
        I use 123-Reg for my .co.uk domains - their DNS admin facility should provide what you're looking for I think.

You can also get cashback for purchases at 123-Reg via Quidco. Not much, but every little helps.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I'll do it for you for £10 + VAT per year and you can even have until the 1st of next month as a free trial!!

Just need to know the domain name, and a username/password ( or you can have a random pasword set) to set you up in the web admin panel.

Comment

I use zoneedit, it's free for up to 5 domains (although there are some bandwidth limits) and gives you lots of control.
            Last edited by Jaws; 3 August 2009, 17:38. Reason: added link

Comment

I should probably mention that the above is for 10 domains (forgot to put that )

I do it in blocks of 10 because it's just not worth the hassle for 1 domain a year at £1.....

Comment

Working...
              X