• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USB to PS2 converter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB to PS2 converter

I have just bought a port emulator for my laptop and wanted to use an old mouse and keyboard with it. As these were PS2 rather than USB I bought a USB to PS2 converter since the emulator only had USB ports.

It works well apart from one thing: if the laptop hibernates or the screen saver kicks in then the external keyboard wont initially work. However, unplugging them from the converter and plugging them back in, solves the problem!! Not exactly condusive to being able to tuck the cables down behind the desk!

Any suggestions?

This is a long shot, but try restarting the service in charge of mice/keyboards i.e. "Human Interface Device Access" - under "Services" in the Control Panel

Comment

It seems to me that there are often problems with USB devices exiting hibernate.

One of my laptops often "loses" it's USB connected RF mouse/keyboard. These are connected via a usb hub.

Another loses all the stuff connected via a port replicator until I power the port replicator on/off. Specifically a USB mouse and pen drive.

My wifes usually loses hey HP Printer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Funny that USB was sold as a solution to all our peripheral problems...
        ahh but you;ve got to keep the support monkeys in a job....so only part of it works.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
        X