• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminal Server Printing Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminal Server Printing Issues

Ok looking for a bit of advice.

We have recently upgraded our terminal servers from 03 to 08.

We suddenly have many printing issues even with the easyprint drivers

it would appear some of the usermachines are under spec and so we are replacing them but now we have prints changing fonts halfway down the page for no apparent reason - the main printer which seems to be having the problems are Dell's

can anyone shed any light on where to start looking and are there any 'catch all' print driver soltuons for this sort of set up??

Downgrade them again?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Are you running the latest print drivers??

Are the printers network attached IP raw or resources in your AD domain??

PZZ
      Last edited by pzz76077; 21 July 2009, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Downgrade them again?
        Lol good effort!

Long story suffice to say due to workstreams over running any test plans were chucked out of the window

we did have the option to downgrade but again no one wanted to make the decsions (i was happy to but the other directors of the Tech Services teams were not willing to do that!)

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          Are you running the latest print drivers??

Are the printers network attached IP raw or resources in your AD domain??

PZZ
          Latest drivers - yes - or we should be it is one of the items being investigated

The second sentence means nothing to me! please break it down into words of 1 sylable that a PM may possibly understand!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Latest drivers - yes - or we should be it is one of the items being investigated

The second sentence means nothing to me! please break it down into words of 1 sylable that a PM may possibly understand!
            OK, get your tech guys to read through this: http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/bri...iguration.aspx It explains how critical, printer types, printer drivers and in particular versions, mappings and driver names are in a TS environement.

If they cant fix it after going through this stuff come back to me.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
            X