• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung 8910HD - unbranding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 8910HD - unbranding

Hi,
    I have had my new toy for a couple of weeks now and am wondering whether to 'unbrand' it and get rid of all the Orange crap on it. I know how to do it, so I don’t need advice on that, but what I'd like advice on is SHOULD I unbrand it? I know it will probably void the warranty, but is it worth it, has anyone here done it?

Cheers
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

These are great phones, by far the fastest and most reliable Symbian model I have come across.
    I bought one for the wife a few weeks back, GPS etc works fine, no issues with any of the other apps.

If I didn't already have a iphone, I would have one of these.

Firmware available from Samsung to wipe your Orange branding and give you a factory default unit, not sure what that will do the warranty, depends on if you have to give it back in the state that it was handed to you in or not I suppose.

You can always flash it back with an orange image, should be available on the 'net.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
    X