• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Phone - Nokia N97 or Touch Pro 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Phone - Nokia N97 or Touch Pro 2

I like the features of both of these phones but don't know anyone who has either yet.

Has anyone got opinions of either/both?

I really like the look of the N97, so much so that I'm thinking the old iPhone is on the way out and this will take its place.

I'm fed up with the iPhone calls going straight to voicemail and O2's solution being turn the 3G off just admit your network is flakey

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
      I'm fed up with the iPhone calls going straight to voicemail and O2's solution being turn the 3G off just admit your network is flakey
      Where do you live? It's been fine for me down that London way...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I really like the look of the N97, so much so that I'm thinking the old iPhone is on the way out and this will take its place.

But that never happens on my Nokia, it couldn't be the iPhone could it?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's in the city (London), there are a number of people I work with who also have iPhones and they have the same issue.

I've had 2 SIM replacements and a new phone from the Apple store and it still happens when 3G is switched on, even though it shows a full signal. O2 won't admit there is a problem and advise me to turn the 3G off.

Think I'll be moving over to Vodafone in the near future.

Comment

It's in the city (London), there are a number of people I work with who also have iPhones and they have the same issue.

I've had 2 SIM replacements and a new phone from the Apple store and it still happens when 3G is switched on, even though it shows a full signal. O2 won't admit there is a problem and advise me to turn the 3G off.

Think I'll be moving over to Vodafone in the near future.
            I've had it happen when surfing the net or refreshing email, is that what happens with you? I'm maybe gonna get me sum neeeeeeeeew iPhone outta this
            Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
            I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

It happens when the phone is just sitting on the desk doing nothing

You won't get the 3Gs as Apple only replace like for like.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread, I would go for the N97

Comment

It happens when the phone is just sitting on the desk doing nothing

You won't get the 3Gs as Apple only replace like for like.

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread, I would go for the N97
                That's all I want - just a new 3G - mine has a few probs.

Calls straight to voicemail, little bit scuffed up and dust under the screen
                Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
                I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

iPhone 3GS.

HTH.
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    iPhone 3GS.

HTH.
                    What is it with you iphone users?

I believe the choice was between the N97 or Touch Pro, but as usual someone has to butt in with their iphone. I brough one and used it for about 2 months before it completely pissed me off, Ive said it before and will glady say it again, the iphone is all style and little substance. I've since reverted to a Nokia n95 which is at least 24 months older than an iphone but still technically better, that said you will not be surprised to hear me say "N97"

But not yet.............wait for a few updates, one thing Nokia hasn't got right, unlike the iphone is the touchscreen, it's a bit flakey ATM....
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                    X