• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a new computer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a new computer

Is it a good computer?

Originally posted by DogTown View Post
    Is it a good computer?
    My guess is: probably not.

Consulting my crystal ball, I see that it is a shabbily-thrown-together hulk that you fondly imagine is 'optimized' for lame First Person Shooters and World of Warcraft, where you probably spend most of your 'life'.

The case will be big and ugly with badly-finished sheet steel edges that will slice your fingers to ribbons when you try to upgrade the steaming heap of so-called 'components' inside.

It will no doubt be adorned with big, purposeless chunks of black plastic, like the offcuts from Darth Vader's cod piece.

In my crystal ball I dimly see that the whole crappy edifice will probably be adorned with 'cool geeky light effects' like ultrabright blue LEDs, and similar tasteless crap.

The bulk of this behemoth will be taken up with a heatsink bigger and heavier than a 1960s Rover V8 engine block, with a fan louder than Concorde.

You will no doubt eschew Micro$hits (LOL!) offerings in favour of Slackware - in which case 70% of the motherboard functionality will lie fallow for lack of drivers.

Enjoy your new computer
    Last edited by bogeyman; 27 June 2009, 17:11.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
    X