• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change language in web app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change language in web app

I have created a web app in VS2005, and jumped through all of the hoops necessary to connect it so SourceSafe. The problem is I have created a C# based web app and the source code I am harvesting is VB.Net

How do I go about switching languages now I have created the project?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

hmm, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick but if the code was originally in VSS why couldn't you just get it from there? You shouldn't have to create a new project first.

Comment

You mean you have an existing solution in VSS - you've created a new C (cant find hash symbol on my Mac keyboard) project locally and you want to add the code from the VB VSS project to it?

Really as has been said, you'd normally open directly from Sourcesafe. But if you want to know how to convert the new project from C Sharp to VB then don't, there's a load of designer generated code in there, just delete it and create a new one.

edited - just looked again, where the hell is the # symbol on a Mac, am i blind!!

edited - found it #! Press Alt + 3, not obvious because it only shows a £ on the key.
      Last edited by Durbs; 16 June 2009, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        (cant find hash symbol on my Mac keyboard)

You can mix and match .NET languages of course. Just stick all the VB stuff in a DLL project.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

With ASP.NET 2.0 you can actually mix and match VB and C# pages in the same website (they will be compiled into seperate assemblies when the project is built).

I have just noticed you can specify default website language for a website in the solution file (via a text editor), which I'd guess will only be used to auto select VB when you're adding a new file to the web site. This might be the setting you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X