• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sound Card Blown on Laptop - Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Card Blown on Laptop - Help!

Hi Folks

Ive an oldish Dell Inspiron laptop that I am using as a 2nd laptop and I think I may have broken the sound card - I cant get any system sounds or anything through speakers / headphones etc - Ive tried the driver thing, and Dell support were as useful as a hole in the head as its out of warranty.

My question is that Ive heard a rumour you can get a usb sound card quite cheaply - but will it plug and play and do the job for me If I have indeed broken the sound card (which is built into the motherboard).

Has anyone tried this or have any better ideas?

All help greatly appreciated

What makes you think you have blown the sound card?

Comment

I was trying to get some PC speakers to work and er fiddled a bit with a screwdriver on the speakers pcb whilst plugged in and on - nearly had it working at one point - then nothing - not a hum beep or whine

Comment

Can you play a CD??

Comment

I've just ordered one of these because I needed an optical output.
          Can't vouch for the quality but I think it'll do what you want.

Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro

Comment

Working...
          X