• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the best bundle out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best bundle out there?

You know, TV, phone, Broadband?

Have been with Virgin (previously Telewest) for 6 or 7 years now. OK TV package, free 24 hour calls to landlines, pretty fast broadband (could have faster but 10Mb works fine).

However....

Every single bloody year, I have a problem with it the first time we get a couple of hot days strung together. The Broadband and TV on demand fail from about midday until the evening cools down (last night about 11.30pm).

Every year they spin me a different line, they are 100% sure that it's not heat related, however it only happens every first couple of days of real good weather until they "fix it" when it lasts until the next summer.

Every year I have to talk to Johnny foreigner (always called John or Alan) in Mumbai who takes me through his checklist despite the fact I wroth the checklist down 3 years ago and try it before I call. "next you're going to ask me to do xxxxx" "yes sir, will you please do xxxxx" "I've just done xxxx" "could you please do it again for me sir"

I'm not an IT bod like you guys but I'm not bloody stupid (I seem to know more than these guys anyway). Occasionally at weekends, I get straight through to the technical department in Scotland, and these guys seem to know their stuff, however can't fix it from there and have to send out a van 3 - 5 days later.

I'm now totally hacked off with it after I nearly missed an email for some important work which would have cost me money (thank goodness I have a smartphone) and want out.

Who do you guys rate for service and customer support? I can work out the price bundles myself, but I don't want to save a couple of quid in exchange for a tulipe service.

Thanks in advance.
    'elf and safety guru

Working...
X