• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac Open Office vs NeoOffice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Open Office vs NeoOffice

I use Open Office on a Mac. I'm OK with it in general, but I find a few tiny trivial things don't work in the usual way, like
    1. normally if insertion point is in the last line of a document, cursor Down goes to the end of the line. With open Office it doesn't.
    2. normally cmd-Down goes to page bottom, with Open Office it goes to next paragraph.

To save me downloading & installing NeoOffice, does one happen to know whether that behaves more Mac-like?

Originally posted by expat View Post
    I use Open Office on a Mac. I'm OK with it in general, but I find a few tiny trivial things don't work in the usual way, like
    1. normally if insertion point is in the last line of a document, cursor Down goes to the end of the line. With open Office it doesn't.
    2. normally cmd-Down goes to page bottom, with Open Office it goes to next paragraph.

To save me downloading & installing NeoOffice, does one happen to know whether that behaves more Mac-like?
    Pass,

I however use Microsoft Office for Mac and it's OK, if it wasn't for my need to use Microsoft Project I would do away with the Parallels partition altogether and run mac only *dreams*

Let me know if you go with NeoOffice
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
      Pass,

I however use Microsoft Office for Mac and it's OK, if it wasn't for my need to use Microsoft Project I would do away with the Parallels partition altogether and run mac only *dreams*

Let me know if you go with NeoOffice
      Yes, but there's a reason (or two) why MS Office is not on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Yes, but there's a reason (or two) why MS Office is not on the list!
        o'rly?

1) prohibitively expensive?
        2) ??
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
          o'rly?

1) prohibitively expensive?
          2) ??