• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skype numbers in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype numbers in Germany

I use SkypeIn so that people can call a number in the UK and I can get it on a PC if I'm logged in to Skype, or I can forward it to any number (obviously I pay for that), or take voicemail.

I'd like to do the same with a German number, so that prospective clients (or, whisper it, employers) can call a German number. I think they'd be happier with that. However, Skype only offer German numbers to those resident in Germany.

Anybody know another solution? Desired:
    -- I don't pay a monthly fee
    -- the caller does not have to call a premium number.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    I use SkypeIn so that people can call a number in the UK and I can get it on a PC if I'm logged in to Skype, or I can forward it to any number (obviously I pay for that), or take voicemail.

I'd like to do the same with a German number, so that prospective clients (or, whisper it, employers) can call a German number. I think they'd be happier with that. However, Skype only offer German numbers to those resident in Germany.

Anybody know another solution? Desired:
    -- I don't pay a monthly fee
    -- the caller does not have to call a premium number.
    Tap up Darmstadt for his address in Germany? Obviously you'll have to persuade him that you're not a complete nutcase trying to stalk him...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Do they have mailboxes to rent in germany?

if not, sounds like a plan b!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

if you are physically in Germany you can just buy a prepaid mobile number and have that for incoming calls from Germans
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
        X