• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTML Page generation, SEO?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML Page generation, SEO?

I want to quickly knock up some simple, static pages to create sites quickly for the following reasons:

1) play around with SEO techniques
    2) knock up some free sites for local companies, mates etc. to create a portfolio

I don't want to spend a long time on this as it won't generate much (if any) income.

I was thinking 2 ways:

1) get a bunch of free HTML/CSS templates and just create pages as needed then update links
    2) use some sort of lightweight content management system - but these are usually over-bloated for what I need
    3) go down the Wordpress blog route

For the SEO stuff I would like to just create a page worth of new content that I can drop into a page, upload then move on - presumably the Wordpress route would be best here?

I know this won't make me much money (if any) but I have to diversify as much as possible and do something useful with my time off. And I have many other projects.

Actually it doesn't matter anymore - I can't really be arsed. Time for a beer instead!

Comment

Is this how we built an Empire?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Is this how we built an Empire?
        We did that by getting other people to do it for us while we went down the pub.

If the OP had said, feck it can't be arsed with this i'll chuck a request on rentacoder and go down the pub I would have said yes!!

Comment

WordPress can function as a CMS - may be worth investigating this. If I can automate site creation to a degree then this could be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            WordPress can function as a CMS - may be worth investigating this. If I can automate site creation to a degree then this could be useful.
            The shared hosting provider I use allows you to install WP via a few clicks. This shouldn't be hard to do yourself. As for the content, the WP import function looks handy - all you have to do is generate input files in WP export format for it.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X