• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resources for Learning elements of MS SQL server

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Access? I mean how much are we talking about here and who are the end users? Just yourself or a department or business. Would they mind getting Access snapshot reports or do they want web front end?
    I will be the only user - but I cannot use Access anymore as I run into the limit of 2gb db size.

I will be the only user. The db will generate a report I present.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

No, don't use Access for the db, use the SQL Server db, but connect from Access using ODBC & bring down the minimal set of results to Access.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
        No, don't use Access for the db, use the SQL Server db, but connect from Access using ODBC & bring down the minimal set of results to Access.
        WHS.. I do this for my client. works brill. You'll need to use passthroughs to get performance if you've a lot of data.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
        X