• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apache WAMP2 cgi problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Googling leads me to suspect this package, but I'm no Perl expert so I offer no guarantees
    I got the knack of identifying and unzipping and installing missing modules. Well I spent all afternoon doing this. Now I need to install the template toolkit. I now need to run make, and I get "make is not recognized as an internal or external command"

Presumably there is more kit I need to install.

This is fiddly, horrible and a complete waste of an afternoon. I have no idea how Perl survives being this fiddly to set up. The real ball ache is this is only a demo, and I would need to set this up for real at some point.

Going to bail, and chalk Perl based systems up to those with way more patience. Not a viable commerical solution methinks.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

may want to look into an install of ActiveState Perl. It comes with a lot of the regulary used perl modules by default and makes life a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        may want to look into an install of ActiveState Perl. It comes with a lot of the regulary used perl modules by default and makes life a lot easier
        Thanks dude. I did install this (the bugzilla install instructions say so, so monkey see monkey do)

These modules are missing, and typically you would use

ppm install <module name>

'cept that the firewall and ppm don't work together, so it has to be done manually. Painful is an understatement.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You can install modules using PPM locally as well, quick Google brought up this tutorial because it's been a while since I did it

http://www.anaesthetist.com/mnm/perl...m#ppmlocal.htm

Comment

Working...
          X