• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT home hub being slow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT home hub being slow

I have a BT home hub ADSL router thingie.

In the home page of said device, it tells me my broadband connection is

Broadband connection details:
    Downstream 4,768 Kbps
    Upstream 448 Kbps
    Connection time 0 days, 0:23:47

However, if I do one of the online speed checker tests, I consistently get results of 1100(ish)kbps.

Nothing else in the house is using the internet at the moment - why is it so slow?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

I've had problems over the last couple of weeks with BT, so has a couple of others here I believe. Is there something going on?
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I have just moved 800 of my branches onto the BT network

so i may be nicking your bandwidth

Cheers!

Comment

Perhaps someone has installed another wifi network in the area that's causing interference - try alternating the channels used.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Perhaps someone has installed another wifi network in the area that's causing interference - try alternating the channels used.
          Wired connection. We use both normally, but for the test I plugged just one computer into the hub and switched off the WiFi.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X