• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

infragistics vs componentart

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infragistics vs componentart

i was wondering whether any of the congregation has done any kind of in depth comparison of these two component sets? if so, it would be interesting to hear of any conclusions...

Winforms or webforms?

Comment

web

Comment

Personally I'm not a fan of complex web controls. Most Internet users (i.e. older people, non-techy people) don't know how to interact with them. They struggle with checkboxes and buttons, let alone an Ajax enabled 3D interactive animated widget.

The Infragistic samples are pants. Horrible unintuitive things.

For example, http://samples.infragistics.com/2008...y/Default.aspx

Click on things and you don't know if something is happening, has happened, about to happen.

Yuck.
        Last edited by DimPrawn; 5 March 2009, 15:33.

Comment

i know dim, but my users are not your average punter and are looking for higher things. ie if it's complex it *has* to be good.

Comment

Working...
          X