• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Management Instrumentation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Management Instrumentation

Anyone used it?

I'm finding that any queries I do with the Win32_Product class are dog slow, like up to 5 minutes which is clearly not acceptable.

DOwnload the Micrsofot Scriptomatic tool. This is a code generator which allows you to select yourWMI CLass you are concerned with from a drop down list, you select your scipting language ad it creates the code to return all the attributes of this task.

I have only used VBscript for querying WMI and it works verywell and is very fast. The only time it is slow is if qurying across a small WAN or querying a server where M is hevily used such as an Exchange server.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go

Comment

Working...
      X