• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dell price increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell price increase

Is it me or has Dell increased their prices substantially. A system I bought six months ago for £345 now costs over £400. Is this the result of the falling pound?

I'm now looking for another supplier.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Is it me or has Dell increased their prices substantially. A system I bought six months ago for £345 now costs over £400. Is this the result of the falling pound?
    Well, you would expect just about that amount of increase in GBP terms. Shame for people who are now also paying higher VAT on that, there's no reason for VAT amount to go up, it's not priced in $ or €.

Comment

Yeah I read somewhere that all Computer equipment will be going up in price due to the falling pound - get it while you can!

Actually maybe this will be a better way of sving money than putting it into a savings account, buy a PC sell it in 6 months for £100 more!

RIght, who's got a van I can borrow to go to PC world?

Comment

New car prices are also going up for the same reason.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/59c60e26-f...0779fd2ac.html

Almost everything we buy is imported. Cars, computers, clothing, food, fuel.

The pound is becoming worthless and so goods are going to get more expensive. At the same time wages and contract rates are falling.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
          Yeah I read somewhere that all Computer equipment will be going up in price due to the falling pound - get it while you can!

Actually maybe this will be a better way of sving money than putting it into a savings account, buy a PC sell it in 6 months for £100 more!

RIght, who's got a van I can borrow to go to PC world?
          That = investing in the rising Euro or Dollar. Why not just open an account in one of these and keep cash there?

Comment

Too sensible,

I'm a dellboy wannabee, have an empty garage to fill up with carp

Comment

A weakening pound causing inflation! Who would have guessed that?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
              X