• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good PC or laptop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't a 17" Vostro about as heavy as a desktop?
    Wimp.

Comment

Thanks all.

I think I'll go with the Fujitsu PC.

This is slightly amusing: I'm also going to get a couple of monitors (LG 20'')- but was nearly put off by the last feature on the list on the Misco website:

# Optimized for maximum image brightness
      # Suitable for moving images with various brightness levels. e.g. movies, cartoons, games, photos, etc.
      # Enjoy clear, crisp, and bright images
      # Displays top-quality dark images
      # Reduces eye strain when looking at small image
      # Real 4:3 images look clear
      # Easy to control games accurately
      # Distorted characters and non-life-like scenes

(it must be a bad copy of the press release - elsewhere people say "it provides high quality color differentiation and prevents views of distorted characters and non-life-like scenes".

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Isn't a 17" Vostro about as heavy as a desktop?
        Nah, it's not light, but what do you expect from a 17" Laptop? I find it ok to carry about, but I'm not small and I use it as a desktop replacement anyway.

I do occasionally add an external monitor and use both the internal and external monitors together which is fine for the kind of stuff I do.

Comment

I've got a 17" MBP and I carry it everywhere with me. It's also my workhorse machine.

Comment

Working...
          X