• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle Financials product overview training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle Financials product overview training

I am needing basic training on Oracle Financials – mainly General Ledger and Accounts.

Ideally a days worth of training. (My role is in governance, hence do not have the need, or the time for a full course).

Do not want to ask the training firms direct for fear of getting deluged with sales scum.

Can anyone suggest of any courses that may be appropriate?

Most of what I have seen on the web is several days per section. Good courses I am sure, but, too much detail!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I am needing basic training on Oracle Financials – mainly General Ledger and Accounts.

Ideally a days worth of training. (My role is in governance, hence do not have the need, or the time for a full course).

Do not want to ask the training firms direct for fear of getting deluged with sales scum.

Most of what I have seen on the web is several days per section. Good courses I am sure, but, too much detail!
    Spend as day with those who are doing the job. Best training there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

The standard training courses are likely to be too long and detailed for what you require. Oracle Financials is a big area, the Oracle run GL course is 3 days alone I think just for the basics. I don't think there is a standard course offering that will meet you requirements.

The only 2 options I think you may have are:

1) Cough up and go on a 3 day course
      2) Read the manual/get some CBT's and train yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        The standard training courses are likely to be too long and detailed for what you require. Oracle Financials is a big area, the Oracle run GL course is 3 days alone I think just for the basics. I don't think there is a standard course offering that will meet you requirements.

The only 2 options I think you may have are:

1) Cough up and go on a 3 day course
        2) Read the manual/get some CBT's and train yourself.
        Cheers Oracle slave.

I am a permie don't forget, hence the coughing up is my company's problem. The problem is too little time, and needing a condensed overview. Hence work will give me a day or two max, defo not 3 days for GL alone!

No users to sit with as yet, due to the fact that I am governing the deployment (as it is replacing legacy).

Hence really interested in any focussed overview courses - more product demo level.....

Comment

Working...
        X