• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2003 SP3 and .wk4 files

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 SP3 and .wk4 files

Ok, be gentle !!!

I am upgrading an application based on Lotus Notes Databases ( 6.5) and they use Windows 2003 here. They have recently installed SP3 which does not allow the saving of files to a .wk4 ext ( or any lotus ext....). I need to import data into the notes databases which only supports .wk4 files.

I am trying to persuade the guy in charge of infrastructure security to download the patch to reverse the blooking of any lotus file extentions in the registry. However, we say's he will not unless I can prove it will not be a risk

1. Has anyone out there had to to this ( revert the registry settings after SP3 to allow the blocked file extensions)

2. Apart from saving the import sheet as a wk4 file on an old laptop ( not companys) which has not had sp3 installed to give me the import file - has anyone out there got any suggestions.

Getting rid of the Notes Databases or upgrading to Windows 2007 is not an option

This is driving me mad as I do not want to manually imput all the records.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

If their infrastructure rules do not allow you to do what they want you to do, then go into 'consultant-mode'.

Offer to extract the data, remove it from their network, onto your personal IT systems, do the conversion, prepare it for loading back onto their network, do so and import it. To be done outside your 'normal hours'.

A flat rate of £5,000 might suffice - a very, very good price for a 3rd party ETL activity. EDS would want £1,000,000 at least.

It is THEIR FAULT you cannot do what they want and you are there to help, not take the blame. Make them pay for their stupidity.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Anoying - they run lotus notes for email, loads of databases and this damm App - however I can not do any imports in to anything ' cause of this SP3 upgrade. Lotus foiled again by MS.......
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
      X