• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partitioning a USB Dlash Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partitioning a USB Dlash Drive

A mate got an Acer Linux notebook (because it was the cheapest!). I need to make a boot rescue disk on a USB pen drive.

What's the best software, preferably free, to partition a 4GB pen drive with a partition of 1GB for the Linux rescue disk?

Any ideas?

I would be inclined to nip into Staples and pick up a 1Gb pen drive for under a fiver rather than spend any time/effort partitioning.

Comment

I have a Acer Aspire One, it will take around 1.2 gig if you create from the recovery disk, obviously this will only restore to the factory install. You may want to consider this to actually image the device once app's, updates etc have been installed.

Comment

Working...
      X