• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone and Hotmail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone and Hotmail

I can receive and read my Hotmail emails on my iPhone, but I can't send emails. I get the message 'Cannot Send email, The sender address was invalid'. Ok, done some research and it seems MS like to make you pay for their ppremium account to access hotmail directly from an external app. The workaround seems to be a clunky hotmail/gmail forwarding mess, or purchasing mbox mail for the iPhone.

Anyone using either of these approaches, or is there a better way?

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Yes, use a Blackberry and Gmail.

HTH.

Comment

I can receive and read my Hotmail emails on my iPhone, but I can't send emails. I get the message 'Cannot Send email, The sender address was invalid'. Ok, done some research and it seems MS like to make you pay for their ppremium account to access hotmail directly from an external app. The workaround seems to be a clunky hotmail/gmail forwarding mess, or purchasing mbox mail for the iPhone.

I can sell you my hotmail account which was created before the premium service came in, which gives free POP3 access.

You'll have to put up with about 7 tonnes of Spam a week (1 email = 0.001g), but you'll be able to get your mails through POP3.

Alternatively, get a gmail account and start using it.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I can't believe people still use hotmail when there are services like gmail available for free.

I use iPhone + gmail and it works great.

Comment

FWIW, I also use gmail on my iphone, and it does work great. I also have an old hotmail account aswell.

But you are right, maybe it's time to just keep it for msn reasons and not email.

Comment

The workaround seems to be a clunky hotmail/gmail forwarding mess
            Aint really clunky, this is what i do (from company server to GMail, not Hotmail), took a minute to set up and works fine.

GMail works sweet so use that.

Comment

Hotmail is great if you have a windows mobile phone with windows live.

Anyway, why can't you open hotmail on the iPhone browser?

Comment

God knows why anyone would want to use Hotmail but a few people I know use mBoxMail to pick it up and say it's pretty good.

Seriously, get Gmail.

Comment

Working...
                X