• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7 public beta released

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    How odd.
    My Seven disk definitely doesn't boot.
    The attic pc had linux installed on it so I had to install XP (that disk booted fine)
    Then Seven would auto-run (as opposed to boot) and install.

I had tried to use Nero to convert the Seven disk to a bootable DVD, but it complained about a >2Gfile being incompatible with the ISO standard for bootable DVDs.

RS
    Must admit, I only tried the 64 bit version, but it worked OK for me.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I had tried to use Nero to convert the Seven disk to a bootable DVD, but it complained about a >2Gfile being incompatible with the ISO standard for bootable DVDs.
      Not quite sure what you mean by "convert", but are you positive that Nero didn't think you were trying to burn the ISO to a CD rather than a DVD?

I can highly recommend a Windows utility called ISO Recorder - once installed you can right click on any ISO file and burn it to DVD.

Hope that helps.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I should have said I had the 32-bit bersion.

Nero does the 'burn from an ISO' and I had the DVD option selected.
        I've used it in the past to make customised XP installations.

Nero's objection was to any individual file being over 2G rather than the capacity of the disk itself.

Anyway, it's installed now.........all I need is a video driver.
        Wonder if the wife would let me splash out on a newer card....probably not.

Comment

Wonder if the wife would let me splash out on a newer card....probably not.
          Depends how nicely you ask
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
          X