• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEO - Web directories - Finding the link

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO - Web directories - Finding the link

Does anyone know of an online or downloadable tool (free or low cost) that does (all of) the following:

I give the tool the domain name of my site.
    I give the tool a large list of web directories that my website (domain) may or may not be in.
    Tool crawls all of the directories I have cut/n/pasted in until it either runs out of urls to crawl or finds a link to my website.

For each link to my site found, it tells me how many clicks from the directory homepage is, whether it is blocked by robots.txt, meta tags, rel=nofollow or other nasty tricks, the Google pagerank of the page my link is on and what the link text is.

I can run the tool anytime and if a link was there, but is now missing, it tells me the link has gone, or has moved.

Anyone use such a tool?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I suspect that you might like to have a word with our local squirrel botherer.

He's quite into that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
    X