• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVD file system DLLs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD file system DLLs?

Have a windows XP box which doesn't recognise the fact that it has a DVD drive; open windows explorer and no DVD drive. I believe that the hardware is OK; BIOS has no problem booting Linux live DVD and Linux has no problems when running.

Under device manager, the device status has the following message:

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device [Code 41]
    Under XP when a DVD is put into the drive it spins up as normal then nothing. Can any of the Windows experts identify which DLLs related to the DVD ISO9660 file system interpretation?

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Have a windows XP box which doesn't recognise the fact that it has a DVD drive; open windows explorer and no DVD drive. I believe that the hardware is OK; BIOS has no problem booting Linux live DVD and Linux has no problems when running.

Under device manager, the device status has the following message:

Under XP when a DVD is put into the drive it spins up as normal then nothing. Can any of the Windows experts identify which DLLs related to the DVD ISO9660 file system interpretation?
    Try restoring the cdrom.sys file from the XP CD or reinstall the service pack and see what happens.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Google is my friend. Code 41 resulted from a corrupted registry; downloaded Microsoft idiot fix and all is now OK.

Comment

Working...
      X