• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net web hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net web hosting

Which provider would you recommend? I'd be looking at the most basic package but would like SQL Server included if poss.

Are Frontpage extensions still necessary these days?

Fasthosts are cheap and cheerful, but I've had reliability issues at peak times.

They support publishing via FrontPage or FTP (I tend to use the latter to publish a site from within Visual Studio).
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Have a look at discountasp.net - they do various flavours of hosted m$ technologies including SQL Server if required at reasonable prices at both US and Euro locations.

I don't know much about Frontpage extensions sorry...but then if you're a .NET developer, you wouldn't be needing them anyway would you?
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        Which provider would you recommend? I'd be looking at the most basic package but would like SQL Server included if poss.

Are Frontpage extensions still necessary these days?
        Crystaltech.com - good if you dont mind using a US provider. Frontpage extensions will always be an option with all Windows hosting providers i think but if you are using an app that requires them (i.e. Frontpage) then i'd strongly advise looking to change to something better (i.e. any other web application).

Comment

Working...
        X