• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web Systems Tech Architect role - Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Systems Tech Architect role - Questions

Hi All,

I've got an interview for a Web Systems Tech Architect role, and even though this is the role I have been doing for the last 2 years I have never interviewed for an architect role specifically. Any ideas/suggestions/questions you would ask/expect - help me gem up a bit before the day?

TIA,

Rup.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Any Architect should know about the popular methodologies, so I would have a gen up on the popular ones

TOGAF - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOGAF
    Zachman - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachman_framework

Other than that bribery is a good option
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Ideas...

This kind of role requires a mix of theoretical and architectural understanding so, in your interviewer's shoes I would be asking you about:
      • Design patterns
      • UML
      • Front-end architecture
      • N-Tier considerations (difference between a business layer and a data layer, say)
      • Database schema concepts (e.g. normalisation)

I would also expect the TA to know the tech inside out so for a web TA I would ask about how AJAX worked both from a theoretical viewpoint and practically given the techs being used (e.g. ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit or Prototype), how the latest techs have helped make a TA's job easier and how they saw the techs improving over the next 2-3 years.

In terms of tools, I would expect a TA to know Visio pretty well but tools like Axure RP Pro are now a much better alternative and you might get brownie points for implementing it.

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
      X