• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java (tomcat) hosting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java (tomcat) hosting

Can anyone recommend a java hosting company.

Requirements would be...

Tomcat 6
    MySQL 5
    Own JVM
    Access to own log files.

Would like..

Onshore or onshore support team ( don't want to have to wait for Zack to get in to run a ps -ef )
    It to be easily upgradable if traffic grows.

And most importantly..

Much Cheapness
    Plenty Quickness

There are just so many on the market and I have used godaddy before which was a joke.

Even if someone mentions a name with 'suppose they were ok' that would be something. Cheers

I use a virtual machine from ByteMark but I have installed and set up everything myself.

Comment

Trying sending a PM to http://forums.contractoruk.com/membe...awadiwadi.html

HTH

Comment

Hi.

I used this company for a year or so. I looked into this for ages, and at the time there was nothing UK based that was competitive, as it was just for personal use.

They were around a tenner a month, with all the things you require, and their customer service was instant and helpful.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
          I use a virtual machine from ByteMark but I have installed and set up everything myself.
          15 quid a month seems OK for root access, take it I would just have to whack in mySQL and tomcat myself? sure I could do that in a couple of hours, at work of course.

I could go for that.

Cheers.

Comment

Beware of bandwidth limits. If the website has a lot of traffic or is bandwidth heavy (multimedia, images, downloads), you are going to get hit by extra fees.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              15 quid a month seems OK for root access, take it I would just have to whack in mySQL and tomcat myself? sure I could do that in a couple of hours, at work of course.

I could go for that.

Cheers.
              You could also look at Amazon EC2 or other cloud/virtual hosting if you want to build and manage it yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X