• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Yahoo including its own Norton Virus (does it break existing McAfee+SpySweeper ?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Yahoo including its own Norton Virus (does it break existing McAfee+SpySweeper ?)

I have BT Yahoo and also McAfee and Spysweeper on my machine. I've got this BT Yahoo alert now claiming that I could install their own version of Norton which works via their BT Yahoo browser but it comes with a warning stating that it may break existing Virus checkers.

I don't want to install th BT Yahoo's own version of Norton Virus checker as it may disrupt McAfee + Spy Sweeper .. has anyone tried doing this and did it break any other virus checker on yours ?

I have little faith.

You mean you installed your Broadband with the disc provided?

Don't have more than one brand of AV on a machine. I've dealt with a PC that had Norton and McAfee on it.

Slowwww

If you want to install Norton then uninstall McAfee first.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Norton 2009 and SpySweeper are not happy bedfellows - your machine will appear to run in slow motion. All is fine once you remove either.

(I know this from real experience, not just internet rumour)

If I were you I'd keep what you have now and ignore Norton.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        If I were you I'd keep what you have now and ignore Norton.
        I'd always avoid Norton bogware. It is complete cack.
        Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
          I'd always avoid Norton bogware. It is complete cack.
          Agreed! Bought a year's Norton AV, and three months later it expired! The criminals.

Comment

Working...
          X