• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7

Early thoughts.

Hmm, not sure after the debacle that was Vista.

What pisses me off most about Windows 7 is the fact that they will probably never get round to fixing the bug in explorer that is causing file transfer across the network to take forever in Vista.

I suspect the fix will be to "Upgrade to Windows 7"

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      What pisses me off most about Windows 7 is the fact that they will probably never get round to fixing the bug in explorer that is causing file transfer across the network to take forever in Vista.

I suspect the fix will be to "Upgrade to Windows 7"
      Didn't they fix that in SP1? There seemed to be a hulluva improvement after I installed it.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The fix would require them taking out the DRM stuff, so don't hold your breath.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It's a bit better but still crap with huge numbers of small files. If you use something else to copy the files across the network its all fine so it's definitely an explorer bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            It's a bit better but still crap with huge numbers of small files. If you use something else to copy the files across the network its all fine so it's definitely an explorer bug.
            Out of interest are you copying files between Vista and non-Vista systems?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
            X