• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

uml books

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uml books

having just wasted two days and my company's hard earned cash on a pointless uml course!

Can anyone recommend a decent book on uml with a process rather than system analysis slant.

Just thought some one out there might know of one.

Thanks!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

UML Distilled (second edition) by Martin Fowler is highly regarded. It is very consise though, so maybe best partnered with a more complete reference.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Thanks!

Have been looking at that one on amazon.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

check for books on Unified Process as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UML-Unified-...895436&sr=11-1

is just one.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          UML Distilled (second edition) by Martin Fowler is highly regarded. It is very consise though, so maybe best partnered with a more complete reference.
          Seconded.

Comment

Top Tip: Save your money and just blag it with a load of stick-men drawings and some arrows. Nobody will know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
              Top Tip: Save your money and just blag it with a load of stick-men drawings and some arrows. Nobody will know the difference.
              I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                I wish, I've already spent the stupid money on a tulipe course with a numpty who couldn't train his way out of a paper bag.

If only it was that easy....

Can i use crayon when i do these stick men drawings?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  having just wasted two days and my company's hard earned cash on a pointless uml course!

Can anyone recommend a decent book on uml with a process rather than system analysis slant.

Just thought some one out there might know of one.

Thanks!
                  I think I have UML Distilled in both book and CD-ROM format. I will check and, if you pay the postage, I'll let you have 'em for nothing. Never used them in anger, as the company I was working for decided to forget UML when they realized it meant actually changing project processes! Warning: I may no longer have them.

PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X