• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Me

(formerly .mac - a service to sync essential data between several Macs)

More like 'Woe is me'

Anyone using this heap of dung successfully?

It brings a whole new meaning to the word SLOW and constantly warns me that it's about to sync something or other (duh! yes, just go ahead ffs!).

Useless, Apple. Major FAIL.

Only $99 p.a. Bargain!
    Last edited by bogeyman; 5 November 2008, 02:25.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    (formerly .mac - a service to sync essential data between several Macs)

More like 'Woe is me'

Anyone using this heap of dung successfully?

It brings a whole new meaning to the word SLOW and constantly warns me that it's about to sync something or other (duh! yes, just go ahead ffs!).

Useless, Apple. Major FAIL.

Only $99 p.a. Bargain!
    It (now) works like a dream for me.

I'm syncing - iMac, Macbook, iPod touch & wife's WinXp laptop.

However, I only use it to sync address books, calendars & bookmarks (just calendars with the wife).

I've run into trouble syncing widgets & mail accounts before so I just don't bother (all my mail access is IMAP now so a non-issue). Widgets isn't such a big deal as I have lots more widgets on my imac than my macbook.

I don't often use the web front end - I know that was a problem when it was first launched, but I'll be getting two months free from them at the end of this year for that debacle.

Also, I have it set to sync automatically. In practice, this means it can take anywhere from 0-5 minutes to get up to "the cloud" and another 0-5 minutes to get propagated out to all devices.

I rarely get the warning messages about "too much is changing - are you sure" unless the wife has booked loads of social engagements or the macbook has been away from a network for a while.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
    X