• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software that turns my PC into a bluetooth hands free.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software that turns my PC into a bluetooth hands free.

Is there software that let my PC act as a hands-free to my mobile ?

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    Is there software that let my PC act as a hands-free to my mobile ?

not to use as a phone.....but motorola do "mobile phone tools" that let you store your mobile phone data on your PC and you also have the option to use bluetooth to do it.

Your PC also needs to be bluetooth enabled. If it's an old one that doesn't have a reciever you can get a bluetooth reciever that plugs into a USB port (you'd have to install the driver though).
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

This will do it:

http://www.fluxmedia.net/

However probably not exactly what you are looking for. This is a front end for a car PC and as part of the suite it allows you to pair your phone and act as a bluetooth headset for incoming calls.

I assume there is stand alone software out there somewhere that does this and that is probably what was originally bolted into this front end. Could try asking on their forums.

Oh and yes I am geeky enough to want to put a computer in my car and already have everything but a couple of mounting brackets

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        Oh and yes I am geeky enough to want to put a computer in my car and already have everything but a couple of mounting brackets
        Let me know how you get one this... its something I've been looking at for a couple of years, just unfortunately I lack any sort of skill with this sort of thing
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Let me know how you get one this... its something I've been looking at for a couple of years, just unfortunately I lack any sort of skill with this sort of thing
          I looked at the possibility of doing this a while back using something based on mini-itx (small form factor motherboards with onboard processors) and a 7" touchscreen. Like most of my projects, it didn't really move much beyond the design phase unfortunately.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I'm using a barebones shuttle box with a 250W car PSU. (the shuttle box was specifically chosen because it comes with a 250W PSU as standard)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
              Maybe I'm missing something here - why??

(I can relate to the geeky thing, I'm just worried that maybe I'm missing out by not having a PC in my car )
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Maybe I'm missing something here - why??

(I can relate to the geeky thing, I'm just worried that maybe I'm missing out by not having a PC in my car )
                have a browse round here
                http://www.digital-car.co.uk/

advantages are:
                All your Entertainment on the HDD
                Internet via 3G for browsing, traffic, emails
                SatNav
                Communications
                ..and generally infinitely expandable
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I thought today of getting the HTC shift ultra mobile pc . Very good and no access from within the car only.

Comment

The point of a PC in a car is not to have a mobile PC, but to have a fully fledged entertainment system in the car that can do all sorts of swanky things, like also constantly monitor the tyre pressures in all our tyres, display engine diagnostics using an ODBC II cable (most modern cars have an ODBC port), have a fully fledged sat nav system in your car that is much more powerful than the majority of sat nav systems and can recalculate routes in a fraction of the time.

Depending on how far you want to integrate it into the car you can do all sorts. How about camera linked into the PC for reversing, to show how much clearance you have over objects, etc. How about games to play while you are sitting around in your car waiting for an interview that you are half an hour early for?

It is not designed to replace a laptop, or be a easy way to have a mobile PC.

Comment

Working...
                    X