• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sony Ericsson Mobiles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Ericsson Mobiles

I have 2 Sony Ericsson clam-shell / flip-phone which have developed the same fault.

They power themselves off / shutdown when not expected.

Both my sons W300i (1 year old) and my wife's Z710i (1.5 years old) have got the same fault.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

Can they be fixed easily / cheaply or should I just replace them ?

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    I have 2 Sony Ericsson clam-shell / flip-phone which have developed the same fault.

They power themselves off / shutdown when not expected.

Both my sons W300i (1 year old) and my wife's Z710i (1.5 years old) have got the same fault.

Has anyone else had similar problems ?

Can they be fixed easily / cheaply or should I just replace them ?
    My Sony phone used to do it and a collegues, on our it was due to the fit of the battery not being tight enough, I fixed mine by putting a bit of card between the battery and its cover, did that 2 weeks ago and since it has never switched itself off, same with my collegues she found the fix on the web somewhere. Sounds stupied but worth a try.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
        My Sony phone used to do it and a collegues, on our it was due to the fit of the battery not being tight enough, I fixed mine by putting a bit of card between the battery and its cover, did that 2 weeks ago and since it has never switched itself off, same with my collegues she found the fix on the web somewhere. Sounds stupied but worth a try.
        I used to have to do that with my old Nokia 6210

It would switch off randomly and mid conversation... eventually, after a couple of replacements the IT dept in charge of the mobile phones found that fix
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X