• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O2 Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Broadband

Anyone with them?

Am thinking of switching from BT to them as they are much cheaper

Yep.

On the 16mbit service. Trains at 10.5 upload trains at 1.3mbit

Get a solid 8mbit download from fast sites. Only had 1 evening in the 6 months I've been with them when the net broke for a few hours.

O2 wireless box does what it says on the tin.

For £10 a month I'm not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Anyone with them?

Yes, moved from Zen as it's £7.50 vs £34 or whatever I used to pay. Can't get the 16mb as I'm too far from the exchange - I was on that plan originally and O2 emailed me saying 'we noticed you can't get 16MB on your line, we're going to downgrage your package to the 8mb package and you'll only pay £7.50 for it"

Great customer service, never had any technical issues either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Anyone with them?

Do it. Cheap, good, reliable & UK customer service.

Comment

O2 Broadband should be BeThere.co.uk based - ADSL2, very good - unlimited, I get 2 Mbits up and 16 Mbits down, reliability recently took a dip but still they are probably best ISP if you are a heavy user.

Comment

Has anyone taken the plunge with mobile for both broadband and speech and dumped their land-line?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Has anyone taken the plunge with mobile for both broadband and speech and dumped their land-line?
              I still got land line - some online stores require to have it

Comment

I'm using O2 8mb home broadband. Upload speed is usually 6.2 mb/s and I pay only J7.5 pm. If I had O2 16mb the real upload speed would be around 12mb/s for me.

http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X