• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

N95 8Gb as a wireless hotspot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N95 8Gb as a wireless hotspot

I tried this over the weekend with a nifty application called JoikuSpot. It turns the 3g data connection on your phone into a wireless hotspot.

I tried it with my laptop and it worked first time and was surprisingly fast. Only downside is that it only seems to support WEP rather than WPA.

Anyone else using this?

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    I tried this over the weekend with a nifty application called JoikuSpot. It turns the 3g data connection on your phone into a wireless hotspot.

I tried it with my laptop and it worked first time and was surprisingly fast. Only downside is that it only seems to support WEP rather than WPA.

Anyone else using this?
    I assume it would work on standard N95? May give it a bash...sounds good.

What speeds were you getting?

KL
    "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Pretty sure it will work on an N95. I haven't measured the speeds but browsing seemed at least as quick as my normal wireless broadband connection.

Comment

N95 8GB sounds like it's near Harringay in London.

IGMC
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Get T-mobile pay as you go and it's just £2.50 for a 5 day unlimited web pass... or £1 a day max whenever u fancy.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
          X