• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Live/IM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Live/IM

Hi There!

I created a new account/email on Windows live when I was half asleep and now I cant remember the password!

I have clicked the links to reset password but it keeps me in a loop. i.e. it says it is sending a new password to the email account that I cant access because I dont have a password.

Can someone help me out of this circle as I am getting dizzy.....!!

If it is just to use MSN, use your own e-mail instead of using a hotmail one.

Comment

It´s so that I can use IM

Comment

It sounds like when you set up your hotmail account and it asked you for your non hotmail email account to send password reminders to, you input your hotmail account

you can use IM with a none hotmail account, on Windows XP you need to create a 'Windows Passport' or 'Microsoft Passport' which was somewhere in the control panel - user setup on XP SP2, and wil accept any email account. However they removed it from their online systems years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if they have since removed it from windows.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

P.S.

Hic

(well it is Friday night)
          Still Invoicing

Comment

You can still use any e-mail address, you just have to look for the right place to do it

https://accountservices.passport.net...7&sl=1&lc=2057

That will do it for you. Much easier to choose the e-mail address you want for MSN

Comment

Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
              X