• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New TV advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Nope. More a loud tapping sound that I could here from the kitchen and when I saw it was racquet against screen I decided the time had come.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Television? We're happy with a wooden ball and a piece of string. But we do get the pleaseure of threatening letters from the TV Licence folk who view not having a TV as a form of criminal asocial behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        But we do get the pleaseure of threatening letters from the TV Licence folk who view not having a TV as a form of criminal asocial behaviour.
        strange

All credit to you though, as least you won't get subjected to hours of Spongebob Squarepants by your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          strange

All credit to you though, as least you won't get subjected to hours of Spongebob Squarepants by your kids.
          Fifi and the flowertots

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Fifi and the flowertots
            Indeed. A gallery of evil: http://www.nickjr.co.uk/shows/index.aspx

Thankfully our kids have moved on from that and "progressed" from "Nick Jr" to "Nick Toons". Although with a baby due next week we may regress at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              WHS - and a very, very good choice sir (I have an older 507XD).

Will you be taking the day off to await its arrival?
              Hell no its was a billable day, I did however spend the night drilling holes in the wall and mounting it properly, along with the centre channel speaker that used to sit on top of the old TV

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                Hell no its was a billable day

I did however spend the night drilling holes in the wall and mounting it properly, along with the centre channel speaker that used to sit on top of the old TV
                And what's the verdict? I still haven't mounted my centre speaker (an Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro) above the set yet, as the required position lies directly on top of the gas flue in the wall. I'll get round to it...

Comment

They are stopping making them next year and buying in Panasonic screens to rebadge as thier own
                  I think they're combining their R&D aren't they, rather than just picking up the Panasonic panels, so hopefully some of the Pioneer tech should make its way into the next gen of Panasonic panels too.

Comment

Wonderful, worth every penny Got to rewatch the dvd collection again to see it all in its upscaled glory now

Comment

Wonderful, worth every penny Got to rewatch the dvd collection again to see it all in its upscaled glory now
                      {...hmmm, thinks about upgrading...}

Do you have any HD sources?

Comment

Working...
                      X