• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Phone Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Bold update here

Elsewhere in the world, you can get your hands on the Bold sooner. It will be available tomorrow on the Rogers network in Canada; Aug. 1 on theVodafone (NYSE: VOD) network in the United Kingdom; and Aug. 4 on the T-Mobile network in Germany.
    Bugger, I'm on O2!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      That wasn't the point being made.
      What was the point then? it is technically better because you can do something that in practise you never actually do?

Good question. Technically, you can - http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...r-iphones-edge
      That link is about the old iphone, not the 3g one, and -
      However, now that it's possible (with a lot of work and probably breaking EULAs left, right, and center) to run third-party apps on the iPhone, someone has created a SOCKS proxy for Apple's gadget, and instructions are available on installing it. (Not for the faint of heart.)

When was the last time you sent an MMS.
      Yesterday - for a variety of reasons it is an effective way for Mrs PS to send me pics of our baby daugther. I've also been exchanging pics with my sister in France.
      Commercially MMS has been a failure.
      In the USA

IMO, primarily the interface.
      Much like the ipod to the mp3 player market, (which wasn't the first mp3 player) the iphone has redefined the user experience for a mobile phone, and added a web experience you can actually use - the symbian browser is crap, as is the blackberry one, winmo is useable, but nowhere near as slick as the iphone. There are other shiny things about it, but thats the winner for me.

All that being said, I've still got blackberry as the hardware keyboard is a must for me.

When a touch screen with haptic feedback comes out, I'll be on it like something proverbial.
      I agree about the symbian browser, though.

Comment

Working...
      X